Stoll’s Pharmacy is now administering COVID-19 vaccines.
All appointments are based on local eligibility guidelines and vaccine supply will vary based upon availability.
Get answers to your questions about COVID-19 vaccines.
Check your local and state health department for eligibility guidelines in your area.
- Appointments can be scheduled starting on Saturday, April 3, 2021
- Visit healthmartcovidvaccine.com
- Sign up and register as a new user.
- Take an eligibility assessment.
- Enter zip code 06710 to find Stoll’s Pharmacy.
- Click confirm to book your appointment.
- Print or email voucher to your email address.
You will receive an email confirmation once you schedule your appointment.
Yes. You will be able to maintain your profile with the same username, password and email address which can be used to schedule an appointment when you become eligible for the vaccine.
Each person scheduling an appointment must register and create a new user account, but you can assign the same email address to multiple accounts.
Yes. COVID-19 vaccines are provided and administered at no additional cost to patients. Please bring your voucher at the time of your appointment.
No. If needed, your second dose will be scheduled by the pharmacy at the time you receive your first dose. We anticipate only receiving Jansson (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines which are administered with a single dose.
Your appointment will be canceled, and you will need to schedule another appointment.
If you don’t see appointments available, check back soon. Appointment availability is posted three days in advance on a continuous basis. You will be able to see what appointments are available per day for a max of three days out. A store will not show up in a search if there are no appointments available.
Please call the pharmacy to verify the waitlist process. You may still register your account via healthmartcovidvaccine.com even if an appointment is not available or you do not meet current criteria.
- Check for symptoms. If you aren’t feeling well or showing symptoms (i.e., cough, loss of taste/smell, vomiting/diarrhea), reschedule for a date 14 days after symptoms are gone.
- Go to the pharmacy at the time of your appointment and follow any directional signage.
- Bring your voucher, insurance card (Red, white, and blue Medicare card is needed for those with Medicare), government ID (if applicable), proof of employment (if applicable).
- Wear a mask and social distance when checking in at the pharmacy.
- Be prepared to wait 15-30 minutes after your vaccination for required observation.
- Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
Stoll’s Pharmacy employees will follow CDC safety guidelines including, wearing protective personal equipment while administering the vaccinations.